Sunday, December 7, 2008

Planning

My life has been a mad rush since I received the phone call on Friday morning and discovered that I would be having surgery on Wednesday. It's usually 2 weeks notice but not when there is a cancellation.

It's truly crazy how many areas of my life the surgery affects. Most importantly my work, my kids and my workout schedule. (I wish I would have waited to buy that swimming pass!)

I've been reading online about recovery time and it might be more than I expected. Reduction surgery is extensive and I need to remember that while it's important to keep moving, I also can't over do it, which is my tendency. But I have to remember I'm also getting a tummy tuck too so that will slow me down as well.

I had visions of biking(slowly)by the following Friday. Who knows? No weights or pushing anything for a few weeks so that eliminates the swimming until January or longer as well! (Shucks!)And no more heavy workouts for a month or so...

Truthfully I don't want to miss the swimming. I was getting a momentum going and now I'm going to be that much further behind! (Or perhaps that much further ahead without having all the drag in the water now!)

I guess I can't plan anything. I just have to wait and see how it feels and make decisions accordingly. The research shows that everyone heals at different rates. I just don't want to loose what I've worked so hard for already.

So now I start counting down the days. Not counting today it's 2 days away!

HOLY CRAP!


No comments: