Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

It's Christmas day and the house is quiet as the kids are over at their Dad's for the day. I'm enjoying the peace and quiet. It's been a crazy two weeks.

First I must tell you that I am healing well and wish that the Doctor would let me do more than just walk on a Treadmill. Alas, it's only been 15 days post surgery and perhaps I am pushing it a little! However I must say, it's Christmas and there is LOTS of good food everywhere. On Monday I will walk on the Treadmill for about 30 minutes and then get on the stationary bike for another 30 minutes. Good eating and lack of exercise for me equals a very unhealthy life style and contradictory to my purpose for having the surgery in the first place! So it will feel good to be doing something even if I would rather be running or swimming!

I'm adjusting to my new body as it heals. Every day the incisions heal more and I'm able to explore this new terrain. While the transformation is subtle with clothes on, without clothes I'm a different woman even with the new scars. I'm still pleased that I had the surgery and in many ways I wish that I would have done this sooner. (but I wasn't sure I was done having babies!)

My partner has been great. He's been with me every step of the way and is now helping me with the massaging of the scars.(Which I might add, is less than fun.) I think he's enjoying the transformation as well![wink]

I feel like the surgery is just the first step towards reaching my goals. There is still much work to be done. But I must admit, getting new boobs and a flat tummy is a GREAT Christmas present!

Merry Christmas!



No comments: