Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Good News

I'm heading back to work tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it. I don't like sitting at home feeling like I'm doing nothing and this experience has confirmed it for me. As I sit resting and healing(great and good things)I see all the stuff that has to be done, like laundry and cleaning and it just about kills me that I can't do anything about it.

The unfinished projects call to me as I sit on a chair doing nothing. Well...OK. Not 'nothing' but it feels like 'nothing'. The laundry piles up and I am helpless to do much if anything about it. It's VERY frustrating! [What can I say? I like laundry. So?]

Good news is the stitches are mostly gone and there is very little bruising and swelling. I feel pretty good and I'm anxiously awaiting approval to get back on the bike and swimming. I feel like NOW the hard work begins. I feel like I need to do right by the surgery so that it's not in vain. I feel like I have to work harder than I ever have to get to where I'm going...

I want to complete an Ironman but I also want to be in the best shape of my life. Perhaps that will be my New Years resolution. To commit to a healthy lifestyle, that allows me to complete an Ironman and be the best that I can be. Sounds good to me.

No comments: